Pop Up Video is making it’s triumphant return to TV this fall and tonight it’s hitting MuchMore at 8 pm ET. Get ready for a half hour of fun facts, things that make you say ‘hmmm’ and those amazing ‘pop’ sounds!
In honour of tonight’s return of Pop Up Video we’ve compiled ten Pop Up facts! Please make the popping sound as you read these.
10. The Pop Up bubbles are actually referred to as ‘info nuggets’ by the shows creators.
9. The first episode of Pop Up Video premiered on October 27, 1996 on VH1.
8. Pop Up Video was the highest rated show on VH1 until Behind the Music nabbed the top spot.
7. The average episode of Pop Up Video costs $30,000 to make.
6. Musicians Paula Abdul and Joan Osbourne appeared on Pop Up Video to provide more information for the ‘info nuggets’ in their videos.
5. Pop Up Video was parodied in an episode of The Simpson’s titled Weekend at Burnsie’s.
4. TLC often airs ‘pop up’ versions of their shows with added commentary and facts.
3. Pop Up Video made its return to television in 2011 with Britney Spears’ video for Til The World Ends.
2. Twenty five researchers have been employed to write the info nuggets for the 60 new episodes of Pop Up Video.
1. Woody Thompson, one of the original creators of Pop Up Video, said that a big goal of the original show was to get viewers to sit through videos they otherwise would never watch. Mission accomplished.
Tags: pop up video